Given pH Calculator is helpful to know the pH value of a chemical solution. Just provide the input i.e concentration and chemical formula and hit on the calculate button to get the pH scale as output along with an explanation.
Ex: 0.03, 0.45, 0.34 or 0.0034
How to Calculate pH?
Go through the simple and easy guidelines on how to measure pH value.
- Know the concentration of hydrogen ions in the solution.
- Calculate the pH by using the pH to H+ formula i.e pH=-log[H+]
- You can also calculate the pOH and the concentration of hydroxide ions.
- The other way to know pOH is subtract 14 from pH value.
pH is stated as the negative of the base ten logarithm of the molar concentration of hydrogen ions available in the solution.
Relationship between pH and pOH is
Question1: Find the pH of a 0.0025 M HCl solution?
Hydronium concentration is 0.0025 M
pH of HCL solution is 2.60
Question2: What is the pOH of a solution that has a hydroxide ion concentration of 4.82 x 10-5 M?
OH-=4.82 x 10-5
pOH=-log(4.82 x 10-5)=- ( - 4.32) = 4.32
pOH value is 4.32
If you would like to learn more about the other mathematical calculator that gives instant results, stay tuned to Chemistrycalc.Com
FAQ’s on pH Calculator
1. What is pH and its formula?
pH is to measure the amount of hydrogen ion activity (H+) in the chemical solution, and its acidity or alkalinity. Its formula is pH=-log([H+]).
2. How do you calculate pH and pOH?
To calculate the pH concentration, take the negative logarithm of Hydronium ion concentration. pOH is obtained by subtracting pH from 14.
3. What is the pH of pure water?
The pH of pure water is 7, the negative logarithm of 1 X 10^-7.
4. Why does pH and POH equal 14?
pH and pOH are the log concentrations of hydroxide ions and protons. Which says that the sum of pH and pOH will become 14.